Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Star(e)s in the space!

I love the movie Inception. Thanks to the movie, from now on whenever I find everyone around staring at me, I can just imagine myself being in a dream and not bother that something is obnoxiously wrong with my looks or attire!!

Honest. What is wrong with everyone? Why do people stare so much? Imagine. You are simply crossing Andheri Overbridge and suddenly realize all eyes are on you including a kid or a beggar. DAMMIT! You can't just ignore that moment. You have a firm belief that something has gone drastically wrong with you. You stop in the middle of the crowded bridge try and gauge what's wrong. Listen to everyone cursing you for stopping in between, because it disrupts their speed to reach wherever they are reaching. Waste those precious 10 mins just to find out nothing is wrong! You know how important those 10 mins are? I missed my AC bus today by 1 minute and had to wait for the next one for another 25 mins! And this 'Everyone's staring at me' phenomenon happens way too much with me. Does it happen to you guys as well??? Please let me know, I am turning paranoid!

As such the lost staring look is really a part of my life. I witness it all the time. All of my friends tend to have it on their faces when they are with me. Especially when I talk! So I am used to it, but strangers doing that is weird. And everyone around you doing that is weirder! :-S 

And it's not just that. I have been caught in weirdest of confusions earlier. Thanks to our cell phones. People just put on their headphones. (Which you haven't noticed) Then sit at a corner and enter into a very animated conversation on their phone. First they just sit there, staring at you. In a strange and lost way, they just blankly look at you. Obviously the look confuses you. Then, they start to nod, smile and make facial gestures as if they are speaking to you. Why do you get confused because they are bloody staring at you! And after much contemplation about whether you know this person or not, you wave back just to realize he is getting his headphones off and looking at you as if you just violated some rule and must be imprisoned.

I don't know where to go when these stares and looks meet me. To begin with, I am planning to avoid looking at anyone specially in the mornings while commuting to my office. Rest, your suggestions are welcome.

No comments: