Monday, November 11, 2013

Love to hate you!

The 2 times I truly feel alive, 
When I love with all I have, and when I hate with all my might! 

As much as I like the spiritual concept of freeing your mind and seeing beyond the obvious to find goodness in this world, I DO believe in the sentiment of hatred. Like Sheldon Cooper, I too believe in having "Mortal enemies". I don't maintain a list on a floppy drive, but yeah, I do have people in my life who I hate, with all my might. 

Most of us believe (or would like to believe) that hatred causes no good. It's love that solves everything. I on the other hand believe, 'hatred' is a perfectly valid sentiment. The feeling of hatred is simply the feeling of love gone wrong. You despise someone because that person disappointed you, broke your trust or hurt your feelings. You end up hating this person because at some point of time, you liked this person for the qualities that he/she couldn't live up to in the end.

Hating/Disliking someone isn't bad. It shows you have a clear understanding of what is acceptable for you and what is not. It builds your character, defines your personality. After all, the people who love me, have taken care of me, and have always stood by me deserve something that is real and exclusive. I would treat them the way I won't treat everyone else. If I just let go and become casual towards those who have mistreated me, how am I doing justice to those who've been nice to me? If I am not bad to anyone, I am being good to no one.  

I too have forgiven and forgotten in life, but have done so when the person has duly apologized. That's when it's only justified to forgive and let bygones be bygones. It's good to build the capacity to forgive those who ask for it, have the bigger heart, perhaps.

But the world isn't the best place to live in and no one wants to be pushed around. Also, just how much have the nice feelings like love, beauty, serenity or peace really changed the course of your life? Have you ever experienced the drive to go beyond your comfort zones, fight all the adversities and, stretch your limits when you're in that blissful state of mind with life full of love and trust and beauty?


On the other hand think of the times when you forced yourself to work harder because these dark feelings overpowered your senses. More often than not the drive to prove yourself, the rush to succeed, the burning desire to reach beyond all heights somehow come from the feelings like hate, dejection, disappointment, or betrayal. Even if it comes in the form of overcompensation, you do end up doing the impossible. Had you just 'let go' of the hurt or never felt a thing against those people or situation that were so brutal towards you, nothing would have driven you. 

Now, there might be people who would think that we must in fact be thankful to the ones who harmed us because that drove us towards excellence or success. Why thank them? It was my discretion that made me choose to focus on myself instead of focusing on planning how to murder them. So anyone who hurt me ever and wants the credit for making me a better person, the only message for you is "You, sir/miss, are an asshole". 

Hold some grudge, burn a few bridges, let there be unfinished businesses, let yourself feel a little unsettled and unfulfilled in life. All of these bring out the evil in you, yes but as it goes, it's not as bad to embrace your dark side. ;)



1 comment:

Rohit Singh said...

I love posts which forces me to stop in between and ponder a little.
Quite a contrarian and a fresh perspective there.
Gud work :-)